Summer seems but a distant memory now doesn’t it? but we shouldn’t feel down hearted because autumn heralds it’s own joys! I can’t help feeling a sprinkling of excitement when I think of going for long crisp walks in cosy sweaters and boots, and then returning home to the delight of an indulgent hot chocolate.
I came across a wonderful recipe recently for Italian hot chocolate, which I thought I would share with you. Be warned though! you might not be able to move for the rest of the day.
- 500ml / 17.5fl oz fresh milk , whole or skimmed
- 4 tsp / 20gr cornflour(cornstarch)
- 4 tsp / 20gr cocoa powder
- 4 tsp / 20gr sugar
- 120gr / 4oz 70% dark chocolate, very finely chopped
- whipped cream, to serve (optional)
- Pour milk in a large pot. Add in sifted cornflour, cocoa and sugar.
- Warm the mixture over medium-low heat, whisking occasionally to avoid lumps. Bring almost to a boil, then reduce heat to minimum and fold in chopped chocolate.
- Whisk the hot chocolate until creamy and dense, adding more sugar if you like.
- Pour into two mugs, top with whipped cream and serve. Enjoy
HAPPY DAZE x